Albuquerque (Song about Albuquerque, USA) New Songs 2018, Americana / Country Rock Music

'Albuquerque' is a song by Ice Cutters about the City of Albuquerque in the USA.  The artists / bands who influenced the song include  influences The Byrds, Paul Simon, JJ Cale, The Lovin Spoonful.  This song is from the album 'Victory' by Ice Cutters, available to buy at the Junebug Records website, www.junebug.co.uk.




Lyrics to Albuquerque by Ice Cutters (Song about Albuquerque, USA)

The sun always shines here in Alberquerque
There's nowhere to hide here in Alberquerque
The air is so dry here in Alberquerque
I'll sleep in the day to survive

A big blue sky, burning my eyes, gotta keep wearing shades
The sweat goes on when there's no aircon, i'm looking for relief each day
I like their food, it tastes real good and they make me feel at home
My roots set down into the ground, the place is in my bones

They say Kaufman hides here in Alberquerque
Heisenberg died here in Alberquerque
Bugs took a right here in Alberquerque
I'll sleep in the day to survive

The sun always shines in the place I call home
I'll learn to survive in the place I call home

The cork oak land or a city that spanned out from the apricot tree?
No one knows how the story goes but the song is all on me
The Duke fell foul for the love of the king and the for the kings love of men
When the sunset reigns on the mountain range it's pink and green again

The sun always shines here in Alberquerque
There's nowhere to hide here in Alberquerque
The air is so dry here in Alberquerque
I'll sleep in the day to survive

In the atomic age, you took the stage, testing out those bombs
And in the floor, the dinosaurs, showing us what went wrong
It's the land of triple rainbows, and tibetan altitudes
You'll come to her in weakness and leave a powerful dude

The sun always shines here in Alberquerque
There's nowhere to hide here in Alberquerque
The air is so dry here in Alberquerque
I'll sleep in the day to survive

The sun always shines in the place I call home
I'll learn to survive in the place that I call home

Style:   Alternative, indie, country rock, singer songwriter.

Genre of Music: Americana, Country, Indie Folk, Alternative, Acoustic, Indie Pop, Indie, Classic Rock, Singer-Songwriter.

Mood of Music: Light-Hearted, Anthem, Uplifting, Melodic, Soulful, Heartfelt, Passionate, Fun.

Chronology / Type: New Songs April 2018, New Albums April 2018, New Music April 2018, New Releases April 2018, New Bands April 2018, UK Bands, British Bands, North Wales Bands

Guy L: All Instruments. Instruments: Yamaha Revstar Electric Guitar. Dearmond Jetstar Bass. Yamaha MX61 Synthesizer (hammond organ), Djembe, Bongos, Claves, Guiro, Tambourine, Zoom R16 Digital Recorder. Citronic Ribbon Microphone.


Comments